Is this a good power head?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No experience with them but from what I've read they have mixed reviews. Some say there's an issue with them being really loud and lasting about 5-6 months. Others say they love them.

Personally, I try to stay away from powerheads that have suction cup mounts, I've had one too many bad experiences with them falling and landing in the sand creating an undesirable condition for the tank. Magnetic mounted powerheads for me. Just my opinion though...

I dont have that particular brand, but a few months ago I purchased a sunsun 800 GPH power head for I think $16 and has worked great, never fell off or moved from the glass, no noise, no heat. I also bought a duel headed one I give it the same thumbs up. Only thing I dont like about them is they are kind of big, and I would prefer if they had magnets just as a fail safe, but like I said, no problems so far and I actually have kind of a hard time getting them off for when I clean them

Back
Top Bottom