Is this a good RO unit?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
It looks fine. I think they are all pretty standard. I bought mine off ebay as well, but bought a 5 Stage RO/DI. The seller was filtersdirect which I think a bunch of people on here have ordered from. I believe it was $95 shipped or so.

tripper

Well... it isn't DI. Looks like a 3 stage unit. I'd be more inclined to spend the extra $$ and get one of the FilterDirect models (6 stage DI). You don't need the pressure tank part of it (unless you *want* to pour drinking water out of it) so you can go with the 89$ model.

I second the advice given by Phyl, go with the 6 stage from Filterdirect, that is what I did and I ahve had no problems with it whatsoever.
In fact, 2 of my friends now get water from me instead of the LFS.

What is the going rate on RO/DI water nowadays anyways....... :twisted:

The one piece of information missing from the Kenmore unit is the GPD rate. We have the Water General 110 GPD 6-Stage unit from FilterDirect and are very pleased with it (filling a 5gal jug right now, as a matter of fact!). My concern with the Kenmore is that the flow rate is probably something less than 110 GPD, which would be exceedingly painful to live with. Even at our flow rate it takes about 1.5 hours to fill a 5 gal jug.

The point about it only be RO and not DI is a good one as well.

Just my two cents . . .

Good info. I am winning one of these by kenmore on ebay for $15. My max was $30. If I win it then it will be worth it.... :wink:

Back
Top Bottom