Is this price Fair?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ShooterRick

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have been offered a 100 gal tank not drilled, stand, hood, and lousy light stip for 400.00. I this a reasonable price?

sounds a little steep for a used tank to me, but pay what your comfortable with. I paid 300 for my 220 gallon with stand and everything included. tank alone weighed 400 lbs.

sounds a little steep for a used tank to me, but pay what your comfortable with. I paid 300 for my 220 gallon with stand and everything included. tank alone weighed 400 lbs.

Is new stand and tank. Stand is crafted locally solid oak. I have been looking locally on craigs list at used but t hey seem as high as new here?

well if its new, grab it... I post on craigslist a lot saying "if you have a tank you cant sell, or just want gone, shoot me a message." that way they know that im not going to pay top dollar. i got most of my 100 gallon tanks and everything the previous owner had for 100 or less.

LFS quoted me between $240 and $320 for hand-built large oak stand about 60" in length for custom built tank about 60" long and 100-150 g or so. I would have to stain it myself, which is fine by me. I think tank was a touch over $200 but would take 2-3 weeks to build. This all costs more than those Craig's List deals, though!

I would say overpriced. I got this 135 gallon with stand for $150

Attachments

• image-1922834057.jpg
    image-1922834057.jpg
    60.1 KB · Views: 60
Back
Top Bottom