Is this RODI a good one? I can't believe the price!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Oh, i didn't see it in the add so I asked him what the GPD on it and he replied it will give you 100 gpd!

The pre filters and membrane seem to be pretty standard, even though they are listed as being "2-3/4 inches high" It's hard to tell from the photo if the di cartridges are refillable or not. My experience says that refillable is more desirable than non.

My personal opinion: If you are going to sell something to the public and make it a point to say that you are shipping from the USA, at least try to sound like you can speak English. I suspect this to be an importer that is operating out of cali. Support on an item like that is likely to be non existent.

I know a buck is a buck, but take a look at something like this:

Aquarium Water | Reverse Osmosis | RODI Water | ReefKeeper Water | Typhoon 5 stage RODI Reefkeeper 75 GPD

They are a good company to deal with. All standard parts. I use this unit and can not find anything bad to say about it. I have found that I like buying filters and di resin from Bulk Reef Supply - Bulk Reef Supply instead....

Just an opinion.

You get what you pay for which is why I'll only trust Brand names for specialized equipment and RODI's are one of them. My first choice is Spectrapure, but AirWaterIce, Bulk Reef Supply, Kent, The Filter Guys, etc. are also good.

I also believe the 75GPD are supposed to get you a better rejection rate...I have the 100GPD and as long as my TDSs are at 0, I'm happy.

To me a double DI unit is a waste of money. How far beyond 0 TDS do we need to go? Filter replacement will get expensive...

To me a double DI unit is a waste of money. How far beyond 0 TDS do we need to go? Filter replacement will get expensive...

I've thought of this before. So if the first stage of a two stage di system brings you to 0 tds, will the second stage have any work to do? Will it's media be depleted at all? Or will it just stay ready to work until the first stage begins to pass dissolved solids and the second stage starts picking them up?

Don't mean to hijack the thread...

Back
Top Bottom