Is this stand fine for a rimless tank?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Visionist

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I purchased a fluval flex 15g and I have an existing piece of furniture that is sturdy enough and fits the tank perfectly, like it was made for it. My only concern is the surface of this stand. I know that rimless tanks use foam underneath to prevent high points in the wood from causing excess pressure. What Im uncertain of is the effect of low points such as the lines in the wood as seen here(https://imgur.com/a/2TfP0E5).

I would still be using a foam mat under the tank

Will this cause issue or is it fine? I could fill the gaps with epoxy or similar but it would also be a bit of a nuisance.

Check it with a straight edge. If it's not mostly flat Get a 1/2" piece of styrofoam and cut it to fit, place matt over that. You can paint edge or use electrical tape to edge band

Check it with a straight edge. If it's not mostly flat Get a 1/2" piece of styrofoam and cut it to fit, place matt over that. You can paint edge or use electrical tape to edge band

I checked it with my level and I can see there is a slight dip towards the middle in parts. Would i be better using styrofoam or plywood?

Attachments

• IMG_20200630_203005012.jpg
    IMG_20200630_203005012.jpg
    239 KB · Views: 33
Plywood if you get a tube of silicone to blast the low point with. Suspension if you will..

Back
Top Bottom