Is this stand ok?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

elbeasto

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I'm about to set up a 3 ft aquarium in the next few days and I'm wondering if the stand I bought is ok. The reason for my concern is that there is only support for the front and back edges of the tank and not the sides. There are 2 supports in the middle but it was my understanding that it's the edges of a tank that need the support.

I would rather buy a new stand than have 160 litres of water on my floor. Please let me know what you think.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Fish Tank 008.jpg
    Fish Tank 008.jpg
    69.3 KB · Views: 78
The corners on the stand, where the legs meet the cross beams, are they notched or just screwed to together?

The corners on the stand, where the legs meet the cross beams, are they notched or just screwed to together?

The legs have an "L" shape cut into them and the cross beams sit in there. I'm guessing that's what notched means... :)

The ends don't need to be supported, although it is my prefernce.

Ok thanks for that. The only other thing is that it rocks slightly on the concrete garage floor. I know that's not a good thing but I'm aiming to have it set up in my room wich has very thin carpet. I guess I could set it up under cover outside for a few days for a test run.

Thanks for your replies :)

Back
Top Bottom