JBJ auto top off...need help

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

zenn

Aquarium Advice FINatic
Believe it or not, i'm confused about my new ATO system. I got the JBJ unit and hooked it up, set up the floats and turned it on. It seemed to work fine the first time but I've got some issues with it:

1. No sound. The instructions say and "audible" sound should be played when the pump is activated to fill the sump. But i get no such sound when the pump is activated:(

2. I'm in "mode B", which is the mode with the two floats in the same holding area. Yet, the pump seems to be pretty inconsistant. It will come on when the top float sensor is activated when it's not supposed to come on until the bottom one is activated too.

3. I have tried testing the system by syphoning out water until both sensors(top and bottom) have been activated, and then it seems to fill it up correctly. But still no sound:(

It's not that close to my return pump which has a magnet that could interfier, so i don't think it's that. Also, i've positioned the floats the right side up so i don't think it's that. Anyone have one of these that can help me out?

I figured out the problem! The manufacturer has the sensor port labels switched. Basically, sensor 1 should be plugged into the port labeled "sensor 2" and vise versa for the other sensor. So now that i did that, the ato works great. Still no sound but i think that may be because they turned it off at the factory because many people complain about the sound and ask how you turn it off.

Hope this helps out someone else that has the same problem down the road.

Back
Top Bottom