Jebao wp25 or wp40?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cichlid-dude

Aquarium Advice Addict
I want to replace my two koralia pumps in my 75 gallon tank. Does anyone own the jebao wp25 or 40? Would the 40's be too much for the 75? Should i go with the 25's?

I have the 40's, two of them running in my 180g. had them for a few months and they seem to be working fine with no issues.

I would get the 40's though for a couple reasons:
Only a few bucks more than the 25's
You may upgrade at some point
and- They are adjustable after all. I dont keep mine fully jacked up, I use the else mode and am at about 50% intensity.

I put a 40 in my 80gal and was to much even on the lowest settings, thing was a beast lol so swapped for 25.

Iv got one in my 55 gal and I think it works really well if the flow seems to much try diffuse it into the rock

I had the same question for my 90 gallon tank yesterday....wp40 vs wp25. I ended up going with a pair of wp25 with the controller

You can always go bigger (in case of future upgrades) and just run a inline dimmer on the power supply that's what I did and I love it works awesome!

I have the 40's, two of them running in my 180g. had them for a few months and they seem to be working fine with no issues.

I would get the 40's though for a couple reasons:
Only a few bucks more than the 25's
You may upgrade at some point
and- They are adjustable after all. I dont keep mine fully jacked up, I use the else mode and am at about 50% intensity.

That's interesting. Last time I looked at marine pumps, jebao didn't exist.
I was looking at their system pumps. They look quite good. I know you have a lot of reef experience so, how do you rate the build quality etc. Vs other brands? You don't have to name and shame I'm just interested that's all.

I've got a jebao return pump aswell and really like them both. For same price can get lower quality built stuff so only time will tell if it's any good.

I installed the pair wp25's in my 90 gallon on Wednesday night and love them so far. So far I have them running at about 60% of their capability and am very pleased.

Back
Top Bottom