Jebao wp40 power head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Starbucks coffee sucks, plus it's high priced. We are talking about starbucks coffee in a generic container sold cheaper, and the ad states "tastes just like starbucks!".
To take what I said about this pump with a grain of salt would be quite foolish, since I stated nothing but facts.

Sorry I'm not here to start fights I'm just trying to get into the hobby.....

Mr X. What would you recommend for a 75 gal corner flow? Money is tight because I am towards the end of the buying guarantee equipment process.

although I must admit that only time will tell how these WP40s hold up, I don't understand why people feel that they must bash them because of whatever stupid reasons they may have. point is its a $80-$90 powerhead that can match a $450 powerheads flow, and also offers quite a few of the same wave options. really the only thing the Jabeos cant do at this point is wirelessly communicate, which I believe Jabeo is looking into at this moment. I don't see how someone can spend hundreds of dollars on a powerhead that has a fixed angle, I don't care how wide its flow pattern is. I also am not stupid, I know that the company had to cut corners and make sacrifices to keep the price low, but who cares. I don't expect my wp40 to last 5,6,7 years. also I do believe there are bearings on the dry side of the Vortechs that when they need replaced, are quite expensive. all in all, even if I have to buy a new wp40 every year, I think it works out in my favor as opposed to buying a vortech

Mr X. What would you recommend for a 75 gal corner flow? Money is tight because I am towards the end of the buying guarantee equipment process.
There are a few decent units that have been on the market for some time and are known from many people's experience to last.
A very common one is the Hydor Koralia.
Another I like is the Aqueon power head.
Seio prop pumps also last.

although I must admit that only time will tell how these WP40s hold up, I don't understand why people feel that they must bash them because of whatever stupid reasons they may have. point is its a $80-$90 powerhead that can match a $450 powerheads flow, and also offers quite a few of the same wave options. really the only thing the Jabeos cant do at this point is wirelessly communicate, which I believe Jabeo is looking into at this moment. I don't see how someone can spend hundreds of dollars on a powerhead that has a fixed angle, I don't care how wide its flow pattern is. I also am not stupid, I know that the company had to cut corners and make sacrifices to keep the price low, but who cares. I don't expect my wp40 to last 5,6,7 years. also I do believe there are bearings on the dry side of the Vortechs that when they need replaced, are quite expensive. all in all, even if I have to buy a new wp40 every year, I think it works out in my favor as opposed to buying a vortech
Stupid reasons? Like crapping out after just a few months? I don't understand why people who have no experience with a new product seem to stand up for it like they built the freaken thing themselves.
Buy one every year for the next 10 years, I don't care. I'm just telling you they can and do quit quite prematurely and have no warranty to speak of.

There are a few decent units that have been on the market for some time and are known from many people's experience to last.
A very common one is the Hydor Koralia.
Another I like is the Aqueon power head.
Seio prop pumps also last.

Stupid reasons? Like crapping out after just a few months? I don't understand why people who have no experience with a new product seem to stand up for it like they built the freaken thing themselves.
Buy one every year for the next 10 years, I don't care. I'm just telling you they can and do quit quite prematurely and have no warranty to speak of.

What size Hydors and how many?

Well, what are you planning to keep in your tank? If it's sps, I would consider at least 2 x 1500gph or better.

Well, what are you planning to keep in your tank? If it's sps, I would consider at least 2 x 1500gph or better.

Well I will put it to you this way. I don't wanna have to worry about upgrading. I want to be able to keep whatever. It's a 75 gal tank. Thoughts?

Buy one every year for the next 10 years, I don't care. I'm just telling you they can and do quit quite prematurely and have no warranty to speak of.[/QUOTE]

you've had 1 maybe 2 personal experiences with them and may have heard from a select few others experiencing the same issues, out of probably tens of thousands of units sold. i don't understand why people with extremely limited experience with a product have to bash them. anybody that expects a $80 powerhead to have the same build quality and lifespan as a $450 powerhead is fooling themselves. heck for all we know, they very well may turn out to last 5-6 years. only time will tell, until then, im ok spending $80 to test-drive what looks to be a great powerhead.

So I don't need 50x gph for a mixed reef?
You should be just fine with 2 x 1500 gph units.

you've had 1 maybe 2 personal experiences with them and may have heard from a select few others experiencing the same issues, out of probably tens of thousands of units sold. i don't understand why people with extremely limited experience with a product have to bash them. anybody that expects a $80 powerhead to have the same build quality and lifespan as a $450 powerhead is fooling themselves. heck for all we know, they very well may turn out to last 5-6 years. only time will tell, until then, im ok spending $80 to test-drive what looks to be a great powerhead.[/QUOTE]
Tens of thousands of units sold? Are you kidding me? Where are you getting that from? Maybe tens of thousands of koralias sold, but I bet not even a thousand of these were sold yet.
I didn't bash them. I told the truth. The unit failed, and I have no warranty. It sure doesn't "look to be a great power head" to me!
Would you prefer I not say anything and just tell folks..."mine failed but yours may be a great power head!"? Or "mine must have been a bad unit, but I bet the rest are better"?
No. Piece of junk is what I'm sticking with.

it doesn't change the fact that you had one bad experience with them and decide to tell everyone their a piece of junk. I don't care, continue calling them junk, keep pushing people away from them I don't care. glad to see people are so quick to jump to conclusions, not to mention you don't ever once state the website or supplier you bought it from or if you even followed through on attempting to fulfill the warranty replacement.

edit*** to the OP, im fully confident that with a little bit of research in the company or supplier you buy through, you wont experience any issues with warranty replacements.

I explained the whole process and the seller in another thread. If anyone wants to know they need but to ask. How can you vouch for a company or companies you don't even know about? Ok everyone ...rest assured, because huma huma says so...lol.

Well after 6 month use of my Jebao WP40 the controller is not working properly but I did find the controller box on ebay for $20. I still like them over the hydors any day. After they changed the style of the hydor it no longers works properly. Every time I turned it off to do water ch as nge and turn it back on it went backwords and I would have to unplug it and plug it back in repeatedly till it started to blow forward. I did like the old style. Wish they would have never changed them. But I do love my WP40 especially how the wave was doing in my tank. So I will be ordering the box to replace the other one.

I just looked on one of my wholesalers' website and they post this-
** ****, LLC WILL NOT WARRANTY OR GUARANTEE JEBAO PUMPS**
** Let your customer know, buy at their own risk **

Wow.... Don't know what I did but I got mine to start working again. Running like a champ..... Knock on wood.

Back
Top Bottom