JEBO Cannister Filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

caribou

Aquarium Advice Freak
:?: I posted this question in another forum but have not gotten any responses yet, but a lot of views. I saw a JEBO cannister filter on Ebay recently at a very good price. Does anyone have any experience with this filters? The price is good but I've never seen anyone talk about this brand of filter on AA. I'm looking at the large 828 model (300 gal ph). I think the seller is thefishfactorywi.com I'm thinking of getting for a backup filter or for use in the future on my 29 gal (dry). Thanks

Ok this is opinion and what I have heard so take it with a grain of salt - JEBO has a reputation for building poor quality and low cost products. Most of this reputation comes from their light fixtures. I think their canisters are relatively new on the market. I have seen posts on other forums in regards to their filters and I have not seen anything bad posted. A few even said they liked them. This having been said, I personally would be a little leary based on what I have heard about their light fixtures. I would think it would be highly unlikely that a company would make low quality lights but high quality filters. Of course if the cost is cheap enough, it could be worth a gamble. Good luck. If you decide to get one, come back here and post a review of them so that the rest of us can learn from your experience.

Wow! Thanks for the in depth review. Pictures were amazing. Looks like this filter is not perfect by any means buts because of the price I think I can find a use for it somewhere. My main filter is a Eheim 2217. I'll probably buy one to see how it works. Bad quality tubing & etc does not bother me, I alway have a few feet of good tubing laying around and recyle fittings from old stuff. Much thanks for your efforts. Caribou

You've just found one satisfied owner.I've researched every cannister on the market .This is the first one I've owned and probably will stick to this brand.If your looking for performance,excellent value, and great reviews from many owners,this is your filter. It has all the features of the cadillac of cannisters(Eheim pro series) as they call them.Priming button,media included,no bypass feature.It is a clone but a fraction of the price.The best prices are at superfishstore.com and aquatraders.com When I ordered the 825 at the superfishstore they were out of stock and sent me the 828 for the same cost $59.99!!! The regular cost was $67.99.Here are the specs listed on the box:1200L/P/H or 317G/P/H for tanks 55-125gallons,4 stage(media baskets),uses 25 watts. I spoke to a salesperson on the phone and asked about replacement parts if needed.He assured me if needed there was a huge warehouse of parts.My next choice of filters would have been Filstar.Why waste money on overpriced Eheims?

I wnet ahead and bought the JEBO 828 it was just under 54.00 plus shipping. Give me a couple of months and I will post my experiences with this filter.

This filter has worked well for me. I had it on my 90 gal tank and it seemed to move a lot of water. The media baskets are great and make changing or rinsing media easy. My only complaint about it is that it seems a bit noisy compared to my Eheim, which is totally silent. If you can live with that, they're probably a good value. You can still find them on Ebay at this price but I think they now call the 828 model the Odyssey. I now use my 828 as a backup filter, which was my original intent when I bouight it.

caribou.. would you consider writing a review of the jebo/odyssey filter for AA?
btw. in my opinion you have the quietest filter on the market to compare it to (wich is a good and bad thing) I would like to hear your opinion on the noise level of the fluval and XP3 filters compared to the eheim and jebo/odyssey..

Thanks, a little noise is fine and the cabinet I would store it in would muffle quite a bit of it. If I end up having to replace my cannister I'll probably give it a shot.

You can purchase the CSF4(828) at Aquatraders.com on sale right now for $49.99 or at superfishstore.com for $61.16. I bought mine from the latter for $59.99 and must add that it is kept outside the cabinet.With excellent hearing you cannot hear this filter at all. If you experience bubbling noises,the filter is not purged properly.After maintenance,make sure filter is filled at least 3/4 with water before priming.You should not even be able to hear motor hum. I've heard Eheims -- Jebo is not at all noisier.

greenmagi: Thanks for your interest. unfortunately, I have not owned a current model Fluval or XP3 filter, so I can not really give an honest comparison. IMO the Jebo 828/Odyssey filter is pretty darn good for the money. As I stated earlier, the flow rate seems about the same as my 2217 and the fittings and hose are very comparable. It also primes very easily, it has a pump button on the top like the Eheim Professional II series. I filled my canister with water and primed the pump wtih a few pushes and plugged it in and away she went . The Jebo seems noisy compared to my 2217, but I'm guessing that its comparable to a Fluval or XP3. I'm basing this on what I've read from other posts about these brands of filters. I don't know what the longevity of this filter may be, I haven't
seen any posts on that. I purchased mine on Ebay from www.thefishfactorywi.com.
I think their price is now under $50. The best feature of this filter, IMO, are media baskets. You don't need to have mesh bags etc. The instructions that accompany the filter lose a bit in the Chinese translation but its nothing that you can't really figure out. I'd buy one again. At this price you can afford to replace it every 2-3 years. Hope this helps somebody out there. Please feel free to post any questions you might have. :) caribou

caribou... do you know anyone that has the current fluval or XPx line filters? it would be usefull if you just knew how loud they are for a comparison. if not.. thats cool..

Well I've got pretty good hearing and I can't hear the new jebo unless I'm standing next to the tank. Chris was complaining about my quietest air pump that was sitting behind the stand as well as the hob filters. It wasn't even the splash just the filters running kinda bothered him but he said he doesn't even notice the jebo while using his desktop. The room is only about 10' wide. It's definitely quieter than a computer or laptop fan.

aqh88.. the noise differences are very subtle in some cases.. the ehiem sounds like its unpluged if that gives you the extream difference these can have.. (some people have tanks in there bedroom :lol: btw. I would be on that list :lol:)

I Had spoken to many Jebo owners before I made my purchase as well as researching every cannister on the market. At first I was a bit skeptical about a filter that costs 1/4 the price of "The cadillac of filters(Eheim). I was assured by many this filter was indeed an excellent filter for the cost.With all the latest features of the Pro 2, I was willing to take a chance. After about a year now,I can say they were right. My Jebo 828 is very quiet. Some people sleep with window or wall A/C's .Those that don't would still appreciate it's quiet running even in a bedroom. Some complaints(not mine),are connectors that don't swivel and hoses that kink. My intake and return hoses are perfect.

It's definitely quieter than the fan in the bedroom. If you can't sleep with even the slightest noise then maybe the jebo might be too loud but the only thing quieter is probably the eheim. It's even quieter than the 2 penguin powerfilters I had running on the 55 in the bedroom. Again I don't mean the water falling noise. I mean the actual noise of the moving parts. There are fluvals set up and running at the lfs and I think they are slightly louder but there's always noise there because they also sell parrots so it's hard to say. Today I had to open the stand to make sure my filter was still running.

Hi, found this old thread and thought you might like a current update... :D

I have 5 of the Jebo 4 stage (basket) canisters and 2 of the 5 stage on my various tanks. I love them and have had no problems with the exception of having to replace 1 of the quick disconnect valves. The 5 stage are the newest and have been on for a little over eighteen months. They are very quiet and perform as well as or better than my XP filstars for around 1/2 the price, (better deals can be found if you are patient). As too how quiet they are..... they make less noise than my quietest air pump hum and the Iwaki pump under the big tank sounds "industrial" next to it. The oldest one will make some noise occasionally, but I have found that it is a bubble that causes cavitation on the impeller, usually from air going up the intake tube, as my fish like to dig up the bubbler. Pushing the prime thingy, while running, flushes the air.
Flow rates are about the same as the XP's after they cycle for a while and get the bio going inside.

:smilecolros:

Critterlover; Is that the CFS4 you have that has 5 stages? My 828 has 4 stages and wouldn't even consider another brand of cannister because of the excellent performance and value. I've had the filter outside of the cabinet and it was much quieter than my Rena 200 air pump.

Back
Top Bottom