Jebo Oyssea Power Compacts -good?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

current516

Aquarium Advice Activist
I keep seeing relatively inexpensive Jebo Odyssea Power Compact lights for sale. Thinking of buying one.

Anyone using them and/or have any comments about them? Are they any good?

Thanks

Hi...

I have 3 of them, and really like them, other than them being a little noisy, fans causing some vibrations. Other than that, they have been great for me.

I got it. It seems good for the price, but as has been mentioned in this and the following thread, it is loud!
http://www.aquariumadvice.com/viewtopic.php?t=79698&highlight=odyssea

Mostly from the vibrating as described. Trying to decide what to do. Any ideas?

It seems that fans are only to cool off the bulbs and keep from heating up the aquarium, they are not supposed to cool down the ballast. Is that correct?

Tempted to disconnect them. If I disconnect the fans would there be any ill effect besides heating the aquarium up?

If I want to keep the fans functioning and quiet them down what should I do?

Appreciate any suggestions, warnings, etc. :)

I don't know if your referring to the T-5 having a fan. It doesn't. T-5's are cool running and are made in several sizes,wattages. Check out superfishstore.com They have a good selection and excellent prices. I purchase from them often.

piranha said:
I don't know if your referring to the T-5 having a fan. It doesn't. T-5's are cool running and are made in several sizes,wattages. Check out superfishstore.com They have a good selection and excellent prices. I purchase from them often.

Sorry I should have been more clear.

I got the 260 (4x65) watt CF fixture. It has 2 small fans at one end.

Back
Top Bottom