JEBO protein skimmers

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SoylentGrundy

Aquarium Advice Freak
My P.O.S. skilter skimmer crapped out on me and I need another skimmer but am on limited budget (just graduated college and loans coming due). Anyone used those JEBO cheapo skimmers? I know you get what you pay for, but I cannot afford a CPR Bak-Pak at this time. JEBO has a imitation Bak-Pak it looks like. Any thoughts?....

I have a jebo that can be either in-sump or in the tank if you are looking for one. Like you said, you get what you pay for. I have never used it and I heard that it works however it requires more maintanence than the more expensive types such as the Bak-Pak or Remora.

I'll be willing to sell it to you if you are interested, just make me an offer, its new and in the box. I'll supply you with a powerhead too if you want one.

i have the Jebo Protein skimmer from Aquatraders....and it works very well....i have green stinky stinky like a sewer coming out.....well not sure if that is a good thing....but i know its working

doug

$imple, which model skimmer is it that you have?

and sirfishmaster, how often do you clean out your skimmer?

i clean it out every day, you are supposed to (according to the directions) shut the pump off then remove cup to clean..i however do not like this method...so i just soak up the gunk with some paper towels.....the cup is not full when i clean it, but more like 1/4 inch every 2 days

doug

It's a JEBO Quadplex Spraying Protein Skimmer 182 II. If youa re interested, I have a CA 1200 pump to go with it that is like new. The skimmer has never been used but the pump has been used, less than 5 times and works.

Send me a PM if you are interested, I just ordered a CPR Bak-Pak so I'm not going to need this anymore.

We have the same Jebo quad and we love it. You don't have to turn it off to empty it. It empties similar to the seaclone. We had a seaclone first and it sucked so bad I kept the ph and threw out the skimmer. I got my jebo on ebay for 30 plus shipping. They were so cheap we went ahead and bought an extra after we tested the first one. The only prob with the jebo is it works better in a sump. It is very heavy and hangs in the tank so it takes up a lot of space and only has suction cups to hang by. We originally built a pvc hanging bracket but eventually moved it to a 13 gallon trash can under the stand to act as a sump.

Well, theres your testimony, so if you are interested, I have a new one in box.

For the first time, to see if it works, I hooked up my JEBO protein skimmer and (this is the first time I've used or seen a protein skimmer operating) a bunch of foam came to the top and the top chamber is now full and I think its overflowing? Am I doing something wrong here?

It has a break in period like any skimmer and I've found that it works better if it's a little skummy. You also have to adjust the air alot before you get it right. Once I got the air right it's been great every since. But it needs the skum on the throat and lid in order for the bubbles to stick and break instead of overflowing. It took several days to build up the stickiness to keep it from overflowing. Now I just rinse the cup out but do not wash it with a brush.

Thanks for the advice and testimonials. I'm gonna be out touring for X-mas for the next few days. It'll give me a couple of days to figure out my next move. Thanks again!

It is not a hob it is definatly either hang inside or in a sump. Maybe you could plumb it for hang on back, but the outflow is a tube next to the main tube and the ph hooks straight to the side of the skimmer. It does not have an uptube to feed water up to the skimmer. It is directly hooked into the side. Also it overflows if not adjusted properly and I would have had many, many messes if it were not in the tank or sump. A ten gallon trash can under the stand is what we have ours in with a hot overflow and return.

Really, what you paid, what you get. I have been using it for about two months on my 75G plus 10G sump. It produced 1/4 inch of skimmate on the first two weeks. Since then, it does not collect any. I can see the bubbles but just does not push high enough to the cup. I followed the instruction and setup the correct water-level. Ended up I added a bag of chemi-pure to the sump. Also, the plastic is cheap, body is bulky, require higher GPH powerhead which adds noise and heat to the tank. I will go for the AquaC when $$$ is ready.

Oh well, suppose I'll just have to do water changes every couple of weeks and throw in a chemi-pure bag until I can afford a decent sump...Thanks again to everyone!

Hi just curious if you guys are talking about the JEBO 180 or the Quadplex?? Im debating on which one to get.. Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom