Just bought Rena Filstar XP3 - How do you stack your media?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Did not mean to offend anyone man, It's my own observation and compared to the Eheim (Which I compare all canisters too) It is not built as well. I did not call it a piece of junk or the like and like I said in my previous post I've read good reviews on that canister, I am by no means bashing it. If you really want to get an understanding of where I'm coming from compare the Eheim to the Filstar at the store, the fit, finish and all supplied equipment with the Eheim is top notch/ a cut above the rest and yes they make you pay for it too.

LOL. No offense taken and yes, Eheims are a better quality. Is it necessary? Well for some it is. Personal preference. And yes, I've compared just about every filter on the market and seem demos on most of them including the Computerized Eheim Pro 3. Superzoo was a lot of fun last year. ;)

For Myself, I'm anal and do think it is necessary because I consider it to be the heart of the system and will pay the extra for it. It gives me piece of mind and, the other reason I love them because it's German made.
Enough of that, How r the tanks coming?

I would have the pro 3e if money wasnt an object. I just set up the XP3 and setup was easy and priming was a breeze. We will see in the coming weeks how it works. I used the fine and course black sponges in the bottom, the stars and ceramic rings in the middle and bizorb and fine floss in the top. I think in the first service I will get rid of the biozorb. Thanks for all the input. So far all I can say is that setup was easy and priming was easy and it is pretty darn quiet. I cant hear it with the stand doors closed. Happy customer so far!

Back
Top Bottom