Just got my RODI unit from ebay!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yeah but it would be so much more convenient to hook up to the sink. My tank is in the kitchen and I won't have to lug anything! :)

Just ordered myself one yesterday with a TDS meter as well. Can't wait for it to get here so I can get to work on my 10g while I build up my 55g. It sent today, can't wait! I made sure to get the hose adapter because I know I wouldn't be able to put it anywhere else.

How much did you give for your TDS meter, hillage?
I figure I should get one, otherwise I won't know when the RO/DI cartridges go bad.

I can't quite remember, if I had to guess I'm pretty sure it was 18 ish. It is not in-line so the best way to see if you need to change it is to test the water after each section. I guess to do that you'd have to disconnect part of the tubing and get some of the water... The TDS meter I got was from the same seller as the RO/DI unit, but I accidentally got them in separate orders as opposed to the same cart, so they aren't shipped together. Oh well, the TDS meter didn't have a shipping fee.

cool, i'll check it out
i mix my water in a storage bin so one that's not inline will be fine for me

if i use RO/DI water, do I still need to use dechlorinator?

I'm not sure. I think you do, but I could be wrong. I was looking at RODI units from The Filter Guys, and an option for their units was a dechlorinator. So I'd guess that yes, you do need to use it, but don't take my word 100%. :/. But me, I'd use it either way lol. Last time I was at the LFS I got a giant jug of dechlorinator for like 20$. Only takes a teaspoon for my water changes, I've barely used anything from it :D

ohhh i got this adapter

optionA.JPG

It's the "under sink adapter".
So going to have to figure out how this hooks up.

Yep, that looks like the adapter I didn't get. LOL I wanted total portability so I went with the garden hose. I use it right on my covered screened in back porch so I can watch it. I wasn't paying attention yesterday and ended up with a room full of water.

I'm such a putz sometimes

I'm glad I got this adapter. That way I can leave it hooked up all of the time. I just wish there was a manual to INSTALL it. I'm no good with pluming. Maybe I just disconnect the pipes and put this in between them lol.

Yeah but it has nothing about undersink hookup.
I had a look under my sink though and it looks simple enough - if only it fit. My **** plumbing.
This is an old house, so I will still probably have to buy some adapters.

If I remember correctly, the water line for my ice maker looks like it would fit for that adapter. Not sure if it would fit for you... But under my sink doesn't look the same as the water line behind my fridge...

Not a problem now. I just got a coupling and a compressor fitting from lowes. The compressor fitting fits, but I got the coupling at a 1/4" and I need a 3/8". So I should have this bad boy hooked up soon!

Glad to hear you figured it out! Good luck setting it all up and getting it running. I should get mine any day, so I'll be able to see it in action myself. =D

Sweet, I have it hooked up.. no leaks, and filling up my rubbermaid right now. :)

I don't have a tdc meter, so I will not be able to tell how pure the water is yet (gotta be better than pure tap, though). I will post those numbers after my tdc meter gets here.

The unit is very sturdy, and I like that I can leave it hooked up 24/7 and just fill up my bin as needed.

+1

I received my RODI unit from these guys. I must say they did great. I'm yet to set it up, but from what I hear it should be fairly easy. They included the adapter I wanted, which I'm not too surprised about, but hey, you never know. Also, I had accidentally purchased my TDS meter in a seperate cart/order, but I wanted them in the same package. I put in the notes for that order to include it in the same package if they could, but otherwise its fine. They were able to put it in the same box. I must say, so far they seem to be a good seller. I'm currently leaving to go set it up,so I'll let you know how it all works out. =D Thanks for the OP Carey, glad I caught this deal!

EDIT: Turns out they gave me the under sink adapter. I may be able to get it to work, but I might have to get a hose adapter from Home Depot or Lowes. Oh well, I'm just glad I got it. =D

Quick Update. Adapter didn't quite fit, we are going to try a different spot. If it doesn't work then I'm going to ask them for the garden hose adapter like I originally asked for.

Back
Top Bottom