Kent Marine Reef Starter kit.hmm?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

PiscesLou

Aquarium Advice Freak
I just bought this kit that comes with Liquid calcium, Iodine and Strontium Molybdenum. How do add this to my tank? Can add all of them at the same time and directly into my tank?I know I have to measure levels in my tank b4 I put in but what level am I aiming for. and finally. Whats a calcium reactor do?TIA

You need test before you dose.

Can you give some specifics on your tank? Size, how old, and what type of corals you have?

Thanks. :wink:

I have 50 gal tank thats been up and running for about 8 to 9 months I have 2 powerhead 402s , a protein skimmer, canister filter, 150watts total PC, 80lbs LS
30lbs of LR, 30lbs of base rock. as for livestock..couple small tangs.

no corals yet just coraline algea on LR with some unindentfied stuff on it.ohh I use RO/DI water from vending machine outside safeway.

with no corals, you shouldn't have to worry about strontium or iodine...adn in fact I see a lot of debates as to whether anyone needs these supplements except those who keep sensitive inverts in large tanks with few water changes (self contained ecosystems).
Most of us get by with dosing calcium and alkalinity...and sometimes magnesium if those levels get too low, although in simpler setups your water changes should be keeping magnesium at sufficient levels.

yes I KNOW :lol: ...no need to worry 150 GAL is about a month away..thank you for the concern..lets stay on the topic please.

PiscesLou said:
yes I KNOW :lol: ...no need to worry 150 GAL is about a month away..
Good to hear.

thank you for the concern..lets stay on the topic please.
Originally posted or not, animal well being is just as much a concern and IMO will always be on topic. :wink:

Cheers
Steve

thats why I love the site :D
Originally posted or not, animal well being is just as much a concern and IMO will always be on topic .
agree.. but no one has answered any my questions yet :wink:
...Ive only had my tangs for 2 months..so they should be allright my 50 is like a QT for my 150gal

PiscesLou said:
agree.. but no one has answered any my questions yet :wink:

malkore said:
with no corals, you shouldn't have to worry about strontium or iodine...adn in fact I see a lot of debates as to whether anyone needs these supplements except those who keep sensitive inverts in large tanks with few water changes (self contained ecosystems).
Most of us get by with dosing calcium and alkalinity...and sometimes magnesium if those levels get too low, although in simpler setups your water changes should be keeping magnesium at sufficient levels.
Actually I thought Malkore's reply was spot on. You don't need it. :)

Cheers
Steve

Back
Top Bottom