Kent Phos Reactor -last chance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

artur

Aquarium Advice Freak
You guys help me so much before and i need your advice again. Last week i post a thread on saltwater reef forum that something is wrong with my LPS corals. Post all parameters but i still do not know why. In my system i never run carbon. Carbon takes toxins out of the water. Since all my parameters are O.K <you can see them on my thread> i think maybe some toxins got in the water, or maybe leather corals release them. The way my sump is to use carbon i bought Kent Phos Reactor but in place of phosfate media i put carbon.Anyway I'm confused. 1. In system with corals and fishes do i need always run carbon or only with situaction like this? <my LFS never told me about it before> 2.I set reactor in my sump with Maxi-Jet 1200< i think it is 300 gal./hour> I know for phosfate you use pump only 40-100 gal./hour. but for carbon you need more flow right. You think I'l be o.k. with this pomp or should i buy smaller. I do not know if this is real but some guy on internet said that pomp is too strong and it blow up reactor and flood the house. 3. how much of carbon should i put in reactor < all the way up or 3/4 high? 4.For Maxi-jet i connect house to pump and not use ball valve <it goes all power> Is that why i got a lot of bubbles or it is something else? Thank You and please help me again. I feel so stupid that i need Your help so often!!!!!!!:-?:(

Back
Top Bottom