Kessil led lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Maridia

Aquarium Advice Freak
Wanted to know if anyone has any exp with these lights. I want to get one for my 55 saltwater FOWLR, eventually will get corals. If I under stand correctly, one of these lights are needed for every 2ft of length. Would my fish do well, and look good with just 1 for now? I would get another for Christmas. Just not ritzy enough to get 2 at one time. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

They're fantastic lights. I run the a150 over my 20 high and not a spot is missed.

Sounds like its perfect for a 20 gal... Still wonder what it would look like on a 55.

Sounds like its perfect for a 20 gal... Still wonder what it would look like on a 55.

It will grow sps under it but on the sides it will be quite dim. Your welcome for commenting...
You're not going to find someone with one over a 55, no offense. Just offering generalized advice on the lights as they're truly unique.

No offense taken. I had planned to get a 2nd light down the road a little. I was just curious if having 1 light until then would look hideous. Trial and error I guess.

No offense taken. I had planned to get a 2nd light down the road a little. I was just curious if having 1 light until then would look hideous. Trial and error I guess.

Sorry lol. Uh I don't think it would. The only issue is the center brace. High enough it should give enough spread though.

Sorry lol. Uh I don't think it would. The only issue is the center brace. High enough it should give enough spread though.

Thanks! Should be a huge improvement from my t8 lighting.

Forgot to ask. Can this light shine through glass versa tops ok? I would like to keep those lids to lessen evaporation.

Forgot to ask. Can this light shine through glass versa tops ok? I would like to keep those lids to lessen evaporation.

I'm not sure, I don't have a glass top. I don't think it would really be an issue though, just keep the glass clean

I'm not sure, I don't have a glass top. I don't think it would really be an issue though, just keep the glass clean

I would think so too. Thanks

So I've heard and been recommended to Kessils an anytime I search them, I get what looks like, not aquarium grade lights. So if anyone has successfully found them online, please send me the link

Back
Top Bottom