Keyhole Cichlids

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquarium Freak

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was just researching fish and I seen Keyhole Cichlids I've never kept them before and I though they looked cool. Would a couple of them be O.K. in my 42g it has 1 Bolivian Ram,5 Cory's,8 Cardinals and 5 Angels but they are small maybe the biggest one is 1.5 inch. I'm probaly getting one more he same size I'm just waiting on a breeding pair sigh I took the long way :roll: . But if I get a breeding pair or two they will be put in separate 20g breeder tanks. But anways would Keyholes be to aggresive or are they peaceful?
Thanks in Advance

Keyholes are peaceful. I would get another ram if I were you. Thats gonna be a lot of fish even if you just leave 2 angels in the tank.

The Bolivian that I have right now is really sggresive and harrasses any other ram I put in there but none of the other fish. I forgot to change my signiture.

Sorry For not being clearer in my post(just saying this so you dont think I'm a bad fish keeper) after I get a pair of two of angels I will kepp probably 2 maybe 3 I have a guy from the aquarium club I'm in that will take the left over fish he is also doing the same thing as me except has alot more tanks and room. And I know that angels need 10g apiece and they are not even 1.5inches right now but when they get bigger they will be moved to 20g breeders
So right now it sounds overstocked but it isn't really. Now that I went back and thought I dont think I'll be able to get them because once my angels get bigger I'll be fully stocked.
Sorry Again
Aquarium Freak

I have 3 keyholes, 2 Bolivian rams, and 2 angelfish in one tank. They all get along.

Aquarium Freak said:
The Bolivian that I have right now is really sggresive and harrasses any other ram I put in there but none of the other fish. I forgot to change my signiture.

My Bolivian rams squabble sometimes. But they never hurt eachother.

Back
Top Bottom