koralia power head

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

icedone

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Has anyone hooked a reostat up to one of these to control speed.my LFS said the 4 was made for my 75g but it seems too strong IMO for my tank.They will not refund or trade for a 3 and not enough $ these days to buy a 3.

I don't think that will work....If it did why would they ever sell controlable powerheads for twice as much.

that is a strong pump but try working with placement. put something in front of it or blow it up and into the glass.

Has anyone hooked a reostat up to one of these to control speed.my LFS said the 4 was made for my 75g but it seems too strong IMO for my tank.They will not refund or trade for a 3 and not enough $ these days to buy a 3.
A rheostat is used in DC electrical/electronic circuits not AC. In order to vary the speed of a n AC motor you would have to adjust the frequency not the voltage. Using a household lighting dimmer would probably work but not recommended as this device varies the frequency.

sell it on CL or your local reef club for the price of a 3 , or ask for a trade for a 3. I'll bet there are plenty of people looking to upgrade as there are to downgrade

Or here even, though this doesn't seem to be the best venue for that

The only way you can safely "control" a regular Koralia Nano thru K-4 is using a Seio Controller. It will alternate the power from 100% down to 50% and back up again.
Depending on what corals you keep, you can easily run 2 K-4's in a 75.

Back
Top Bottom