Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 05-02-2018, 10:33 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Large pore reusable sponge

I'm want some bulk large pore sponge 1/4-1/2" to make some reusable pre-filter inserts for my HOBs.I see lots of precut squares available but nothing in a roll (?) Anyone seen anything like this?

Old 05-02-2018, 10:51 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by earhtmother View Post
I'm want some bulk large pore sponge 1/4-1/2" to make some reusable pre-filter inserts for my HOBs.I see lots of precut squares available but nothing in a roll (?) Anyone seen anything like this?
It may be large pore foamed rubber that your looking for. I don't know where you can pick that up in bulk rolls, but you try looking in the heating and air conditioning section for the cut your own size filter medium. That may be a spot to look in housewares and hardware stotes. A shop for swimming pools may also carry it.

Old 05-02-2018, 10:56 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
Community Moderator

Tank of the Month Award

This might work. Latex coated rigid pond filter material. 3/4-1 thick. 72x18 roll. Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0718YF9XJ...detail_2?psc=1
Old 05-03-2018, 10:50 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fresh2o View Post
This might work. Latex coated rigid pond filter material. 3/4-1 thick. 72x18 roll. Amazon
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0718YF9XJ...detail_2?psc=1
I looked at the material on the site. It seems to be perfect for with what you said you were looking for.

Tags
large, sponge

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com