LED light for 55 long freshwater????

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

wetfarticus

Aquarium Advice Activist
Any thoughts on LEDs for a 55 Gal long freshwater tank i am setting up. It currently has only 2 T8 fluorescent lights (one bulb ea) on the stock hood.
Am going to be venturing into new territory with plants. Just planting low level light stuff for now, until i get my feet wet and confidence up. Then i will up the stakes with some medium light plants.
I was looking online at some options. Not certain what to look for. Saw that LED lights were less expensive than most other forms.
Any thoughts?
Thanks all in advance.

This is some of the info on the type of light i was looking at...
Lumen: 2500
LEDs: 54x 0.50W
Config: 37x 10000K, 9x Actinic 460nm, 4x Red 620nm, 4x Green 520nm

Any thoughts on LEDs for a 55 Gal long freshwater tank i am setting up. It currently has only 2 T8 fluorescent lights (one bulb ea) on the stock hood.
Am going to be venturing into new territory with plants. Just planting low level light stuff for now, until i get my feet wet and confidence up. Then i will up the stakes with some medium light plants.
I was looking online at some options. Not certain what to look for. Saw that LED lights were less expensive than most other forms.
Any thoughts?
Thanks all in advance.
Would look into the Finnex 24/7 Planted plus. I have 4 of them and just ordered the new SE series. You never have to put them on a timer since they run a 24hr intensity cycle. They also have lots of customizations.

Would look into the Finnex 24/7 Planted plus. I have 4 of them and just ordered the new SE series. You never have to put them on a timer since they run a 24hr intensity cycle. They also have lots of customizations.

Great call. I like it. Its like 3x the cost of the one i was looking at but i like that it is programmable.

Is there a hood i can buy to replace the stock hood and conceal the light under it.
My stock hood wont work as the lights are split. 2 x 24". Do they make an aftermarket hood that accommodates a 48" light? And will this light fit in it?
This tank is going in my office and will have a lot of people around it so i dont want an open top.

Thanks for the input!

Back
Top Bottom