LED light strip help/suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyd

Aquarium Advice Freak
Howdy all, looking for some help. I have a 70g corner tank and want to get some light above the very front of the tank. As it stands right now, my light bar is 8" from the front at the farthest spot (see picture). When fish are along the front, they're in shadow and dark due the the light being back. I'm looking for an led strip that could be attached to the lid and light up the front curve of the tank. Anyone able to provide some suggestions or what to look for? I haven't been able to find much myself.

ForumRunner_20140424_165700.jpg

What about the LED fluval I just got some they are great
I do not know. I have 2 T5HO fixtures on 55 gallon tanks and a Kessil A150WE on a 35 gallon hex tank. So the only experience that I have as far as LEDs go is with the Kessil. Kessils are awesome! But, if you can catch a guy named Brian_Nano12g, he could tell you. He is the LED light expert. I know he recommends "buildmyled", Finnex, and I think Current.

Last edited:
Sorry, I didn't do a good job explaining. Currently, I have a marineland double bright. I'm looking to get a second led strip (like the flexible strips) that I could attach by glue or something to the top of the lid. So that the front of the bow is lit also and when fish are there, they won't be in shadow. Does that make sense?

I saw one at either drsfostersmith.com or at petsolutions.com. Can't remember which place, but one of those 2 had it.

Taco, those are exactly what I was thinking of. Can't believe I couldn't find them. Amazon and Dr foster Smith have them, thank you all for the help

Back
Top Bottom