I got mine on a group buy from another forum. The shipment is due in on Thursday or Friday. I was hoping to have them for this weekend but with another 12"+ of snow expected over the next 36 hours that now looks doubtfull.
There are several new units. The BT EX is similar to the original unit with total control via software (blue tooth), and there are two new models the Phobos and Deimos LED
+ T5 hybrid light fixtures.
The BT-EX models will have upgraded components like a built in computer that you can use to control the LED
light and if you like you can also control the interface via bluetooth. In addition to the upgraded computer control the BT-EX model includes an upgrade power supply unit that is waterproof and external which allows you to hide the power supply where you see fit. The BT-EX also gets upgraded fans that will automatically turn on when the system is generating to much heat for the fixture to handle. There are 4 different LED
types being used: “420nm, 450nm, white 14.000K and additional, real UVA(non purple!) LED
chips for stronger corals pigmentation.”
These are said to produce 551 PAR at only 12″ depth.
New series features:
Each lamp series BT-EX has a special built-in dedicated computer(Ligth Area Computer) can support advanced light.Lamp is programmed wirelessly using a special application(via BlueTooth interface). This model have external, waterproof power supply with safe, 24V DC
In our newest model we used 2pcs 120mm fans(17db) with double bearings. Their speed is auto controlled by build in temperature sensor – so in some situations they can be turned off – a specially when lamp dont need active cooling(night mode with moonlight, sunrise/sunset period etc).
This model have build on 4 kind of LED
chips – 420nm, 450nm, white 14.000K and additional, real UVA(non purple!) LED
chips for stronger corals pigmentation.
With our computer you can set:
- setting turn on/off time, dimming time
- total brightness setting – for ex. for coral acclimation
- setting brightness for moonlight
- colour temperature changing – between 14.000K-25.000K
- Set the time sunrise and sunset times from 1minute up to…
- simulating the lunar illumination (28 days full period), Natural Sunlight Simulation, Overcast Days Simulation
- changing brightness during the ligth period – like on nature, where insolation depend of hour. For the whole cycle of lighting, you can define up to 40 individual points of which is set by the brightness of the lamp, This gives the opportunity to simulate the lighting just like in nature