LED lighting - Please help!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mwolf

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello!

This is probably the most asked question...I'm getting desperate! I recently purchased an Orbit Marine PRO LED lighting system...I need to decide if I'm keeping it ASAP, so I can send it back...

My goal is to grow everything, LPS, SPS, etc in my 75 gallon

It's not as bright as I though it would be, and it's so darn slim that it doesn't cover the whole tank. There is a ton of shadowing and I would have to be super particular about where everything goes plus I'll be pretty limited by the space that is truly lit well. Do I just need to re-arrange my rock work?

If you think these lights will do fine let me know! Otherwise, could I please get some LED light recommendations for my 75 gallon that is under $600 and will accomplish what I'm looking for? I'm not rich, so the cheaper the better, but If I have to eat ramens for a couple months to get a good quality light I'll do it, lol!

I just want to be 100% happy with such an expensive purchase you know?

Thank a billion!

Here is my tank, and the shadows I'm talking about:

img_3300729_0_572ec11cccb5e92f9bfc2db38d5160a2.jpg

img_3300729_1_e685583ee64af42c79493daca4410bbc.jpg

img_3300729_2_c18ed53ab91475e736f1c54b9656e6f2.jpg

img_3300729_3_7d317c93868f108b0210c98ac484bec1.jpg

I just picked up 2 of the Chinese LEDs and Im super impressed. Just setting up my tank so nothing to report on as far as growing but Id be amazed if they don't do a good job. I might even pick up 2 more for my freshwater tank just for how well and bright they are

be careful with these light slowly acclimate your corals to them , they can bleach coral fast. I love mine never go back to any other light

I went ahead and ordered an sBox Pro 32" for $299. I've seen good things, it seems to have some superior qualities and it has a TWO year warranty! Hoping I like it and it works out!! I'll start a tank build post now, and post pics updates on this light for those who may be interested!

I have the oceanrevive t247 on my 75 gal...and i love them and my corals really love them. .just started my reef tank may 2nd only lights i have used ..have 2 of them on 75 and great results

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

Get one of these and watch everything grow super fast. I have the xr15 on my 45 gallon and I can only have it at 60% output because it's too bright. Here is a pick of mine on 20% output ramping down for the night. You could even get away with one xr15 on your tank and save a little money. http://ecotechmarine.com/products/radion/radion-xr30w
bee66258c41838bdfd230e8a86a75c6f.jpg
ccb02aacdf1ebde10e728afdab36dcd5.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just ordered a light from buildmyled.com (the 30" XB Series 10000k: 10000K Planted - XB Series - Build My LED, LLC)

My local fish store recommended it to me, so I'm excited to try it out. The price seems reasonable for the quality.

I'm replacing my 6 x 24W T5 HO (AquaticLife) lights to hopefully save some energy costs and get a more full range of light at the bottom of the tank.

You should at least read the page about PAR levels and why they matter for LED lights. About PAR

I just ordered a light from buildmyled.com (the 30" XB Series 10000k: 10000K Planted - XB Series - Build My LED, LLC)

My local fish store recommended it to me, so I'm excited to try it out. The price seems reasonable for the quality.

I'm replacing my 6 x 24W T5 HO (AquaticLife) lights to hopefully save some energy costs and get a more full range of light at the bottom of the tank.

You should at least read the page about PAR levels and why they matter for LED lights. About PAR

Buildmyled makes really nice fixtures. I have their 14k xb over my 125 gallon and my lps love it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom