LED lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I doubt that'd be powerful enough for corals. SW LED systems use 1W and 3W LEDs which usually go for several dollars a piece. Google DIY LED aquarium light and there are some good links out there. I imagine that for a 12g, you could do some pretty awesome LED lighting for less than $50 if you've got some basic soldering skills.

+1 You could make it cheaper and better yourself. There are few manufacturers that make a good led light.

My LED's are 1w units (PacificSun BT-EX). There are 120 1w LED's per unit. Each unit covers a 2' x 2' section of the tank.

The unit you posted is 13.8 Watts total for 225 LED's. Not quite enough light for corals.

I'm planning a JBJ 12g LED build. I'm hoping to get the stuff ordered in the next couple days. I'm going with 18 3w Cree LEDs but i think 12 is plenty. I'm just getting them while they are on sale, they are easy to transfer to other builds later. Nanotuners makes a decent barebones kit that should get you started, though I found its slightly cheaper to part it out.
Nanotuners.com

Back
Top Bottom