LED Options

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbannie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
What would you do for a 10 gallon tank? I think it will be a mini reef. I was looking at those par 38 screw in bulbs. Any suggestions to have LED lighting on a 10 gallon?

Not sure... Just getting in to them. I'm not sure what the specs are as far as PUR go. Been on line all night trying to find out.

I had 2 par38 bulbs running recently. i used one for my 4g pico and it did an awesome job. I also had both of them running over a 20g tank for awhile. They didnt do as well over such a large tank but the corals did ok for the time I had the lights.

I just used home depot clip on lamp holders and was set. Here is a link that might help. I cant seem to find any of my other links, sorry....

PAR30 Reef | BoostLED

I have to reef brite led stripes on my 56 gallon deep one actinic one daylight and they seem to work awesome on some of the soft stuff. Haven't tried any hard corals, but you could look into those and see if they make something for your tank size.

I think I'm going to try the par 38 bulb, once I can convince myself to spend that much money on a LIGHTBULB!!! I was at the LFS the other day and he is a dealer for AQUASTAR LED fixtures......not sure about the fixture, but seeing the color of the corals under those leds, I'm hooked! I hope I can get the same result under this bulb

Back
Top Bottom