LED Question???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lbannie

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I wouldn't do leds. I have tried three different types with the final being aquaillumination and I dislike all three. Okay for tanks with lps, but awful for sps. Acros just want to brown out and growth is slow. I had a dream tank with beautiful large colorful acros which are basically mostly brown now. I'm going back to t5's as soon as my aquaillumination's sell.

Capt: Do you think that is a decent fixture? The price is great! Would it work for my 40 gallon breeder tank?

They look very similar to the LED's I have and I am happy with them. I did some PAR measurements using an Apogee Quantum meter with the LED's I have and they are equal to 250w Radium metal halides. You can see a few other pics of them in my build thread (link is in my signature).
LED_11-25-11.jpg

LED-l-r_11-25-11.jpg

Nice! The site has a return policy, so I guess if I don't like it I can send it back! I'm just nervous it wont be powerful enough!

My tank is loaded with SPS corals, a sebae anemone and a maxima clam and those lights are working nice so far. I don't know if those are the same as mine (they do look the same and the features listed match), but as I mentioned, I tested them and they put out almost the exact PAR numbers as a 250w metal halide Radium bulb. I used to run 3 metal halides and after a few months using the LED's I don't see any negative affects.

Back
Top Bottom