LED Spotlight Lamps

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

LED Spotlight Options

• Total voters

francis

Aquarium Advice Freak
I came across these lights from a recommendation from a LFS acquaintance PAR30 LED Reef Lamps by BoostLED

I pretty much decided on these after a long journey of T5's to LED's to these for their price and effectiveness.

I wanted to get about 3 because I believe these spotlights were not designed to cover an entire tank. My tank is 29" x 15" x 15" roughly, but I think these lights are a little expensive considering it is $80 for 1 lightbulb (just the bulb)

Is there a difference in these lightbulbs compared to other LED Lightbulbs? I've seen some go for around $50 but I wanted to know people's opinion.
Or if you have "spotlight" LED's can you make a recommendation?

I have 2 PAR38 bulbs that I bought. the hardest thing is to consider how you will hang the bulb, they weigh almost a lb each. :) I searched high and low for something and lucked out at Target. I use the bulbs on my 4g pico, they emit a lot of light for their size.

I'd still go with T5's on your setup, cheaper and easier in my opinion. The par bulbs do tend to give a spotlight effect as well, I suppose the higher you raise it the more spread you'll get, but something to consider.

Carey what about the bulb cost later on? I'm imagining 3 bulbs for about $250 compared to a T5 costing me about $200-250 (not to mention bulb replacement and heat)

whats the difference between par30 and par38? Can you send a link for the one's you bought? :D I am loving the spotlight idea because they are cost effective in the long term and are still LED's while not breaking my wallet like a panel LED would cost.

Will it be enough to grow corals in my 15" deep tank? :3

I have one of these

Nanotuners.com

and the other one I have I don't have the link for. :-( It has 12 3w bulbs though and is too much for my 4g. I'm using it on my sump right now so it doesn't go to waste. LOL I went to the store it came from and it was $149!!

I have mine mounted about 6 inches from the rim and it seems like my corals like it, but I'm dealing with a much much smaller tank.

They have panels and strips you can buy as well, a little bit more money but I'd feel they would do the job better than 3 spotlight bulbs. Thats if you must have LED's. :)

Back
Top Bottom