LED Strip Hood/Fixture?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Druinz

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey,
I'm a fan of LED fixtures such as the Finnex lights, but there's one thing that tends to bother me about them. After trying to look if anyone else did something about it, I decided to make a post.
So unlike t8's that have a hood, I noticed the LED strips "leak" a lot of light.
I was wondering if any of you did anything about it, I love seeing how creative the community gets with dealing with things :)
Currently I'm thinking of getting something like a vinyl gutter and capping the sides, which the final result will almost look like a typical t8 fixture hood piece.

Let me know what you come up with.
Light leak and reflective glare can be annoying. If I don't put the glass top on my tank, there is no problem with reflective glare but light can "hit you in the eyes" depending on where I and sitting.
If I put the glass top on (usually to reduce evaporation), I put a piece of cardboard along the front (as seen in the pic below). In my shrimp tank where the fixture is resting on the glass, I place a thin strip of wood in front of the fixture to cut down on the light leak. IMG_3468.jpg

Back
Top Bottom