level of intensity for my new LED

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dragonfisher33

Aquarium Advice Addict
so i just bought this
2014 New Full Spectrum Dimmable 120W LED Aquarium Light Coral Reef Marine Lamp | eBay

and have it hung 1-1.5ft above the water line in order to get better coverage for my regular 29gal reef tank. Those who are using Taotronics and its knock-offs, what level of intensities do you have the white and the blue lights at? i started off with 50%-50% and it seems very dim. so i turned the blue up to 75% and kept the white at 50%, still something seemed off.

on a side note: there are two fans on the fixture and each one of them turns on for anything >50%, is that normal?

I have 2 of the straight blue and white panels and I have mine 11" above the water. my blues are currently at 100% and the whites are at 40%. Sps corals are growing pretty quickly, even the ones on the sand bed, so I think I'm going to leave it there. I also have 3 clams on the sand bed that seem to like it right where it's at.
My fans come on as soon as i turn the fixture on at any level. Since these don't get that hot anyway, i don't see a problem with the fan being off at lower settings.

Back
Top Bottom