light bulb quality

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

browns9174

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got a 48" coralife light with 2 bulbs in it, first one is a colormax f28 -t5 n second is a 6700k f28 -t5. Can anyone tell me what this light is capable of housing?

Can you tell me what is in the tank. Is it FW or SW? What kind of fish and corals if any?

I'm not using the light right now. I wanted to get an idea of what I can use it for.

Your Lighting Question

I got a 48" coralife light with 2 bulbs in it, first one is a colormax f28 -t5 n second is a 6700k f28 -t5. Can anyone tell me what this light is capable of housing?

Hello browns...

Two T5 bulbs will put out some very intense light in a very narrow area. I've never used anything that bright, but my best guess is they're capable of growing most aquarium plants on the market. So, you can take your pick! A bulb in the 6500K range is recommended. It will come closest to natural daylight at 5500K.

I use the old florescent T8s and T12s and grow enough plants to fill three 55 gallon tanks.

B

Would these bulbs support coral life or do I need different kind of bulbs?

The bulbs are not sufficient for supporting coral, and algae growth will be overwelming. You want a 10k bulb and a 460 Actinic bulb. I recommend ATI bulbs, very good. As stated the current light configuration is for planted freshwater not reef tank.

Back
Top Bottom