light hood for SeaClear 35 Tube

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gtoger

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a SeaClear 35 Tube that I've had for over 20 years. Great tank, still looks new even after all these years and never a problem. Until now.

The tank came with 2 light fixtures that sit on top. Apparently the plastic glue that holds these lights together has broken down with heat & moisture. Now one of the fixtures is in pieces and unusable.

My question is where can I find good replacements without breaking the bank? Fluorescent is just fine with me. I don't need a several-hundred-dollar setup.

But I'm drawn to the "full hood" or "lid" as pictured on SeaClear's website here: US - SeaClear Home

Problem is I can't figure out how to get that. All my googling is futile. Any ideas?

Hi...wow, i have the exact same issue...love the tank, one of my lights broke. I am in desparate need of a new light. Did you find one somewhere, i am having trouble. Also, i do not recommend the hood...i bought it a few years ago and it was very inconvenient...now flaps or anything so you could not access anything...unless they have changed the design...

Hey there, i am very excited...after struggling with this for some time, i finally found a distsributor for the lights for this old but fantastic tank.....

Aquarium Parts West

Back
Top Bottom