Light Question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

straick

Aquarium Advice Activist
I figured that this would be the right place to ask this.
I have a 10 gallon tank, gravel bottom, Aquaclear 20 filter, and an old Stainless aquarium light(with a coralife 10000k F15T8 lamp in it).
Currently, have some anachris and a Bronze Wendtii(Cryptocoryne wendtii) and one betta.
I'm wondering if they still make magnetic ballasted aquarium lights(I can't seem to find any replacement ballasts for the one I have right now)? I really can't be around the newer electronic ones(if you really want to know the details, I can share).
Thanks.

I'm going to move this to the General Hardware/Equipment Discussion. I think it will yield better results than here in the Planted Tanks section.

No problem.

As far as your question, google shows quite a few magnetic ballasts... magnetic ballast - Google Search

I am not all that familiar with them, but it looks like they are readily available online. You may also be able to find one locally. I have a couple hood/light combos for 10g's just laying around. I'm sure a craigslist ad would yeild something.

I should have been clearer. The ballast in this light is a one off type of deal(much thinner than I've ever seen before). That's why I was wondering if the hoods still come with magnetic ballasts. I'm also thinking of possibly getting a 2 lamp one at some point.

Back
Top Bottom