Light question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

cichlid_tank619

Aquarium Advice Freak
I am looking to get a new light for my tank. It's mainly tanganyikan cichlids. So I know they like lower light.

Ok, question is I have a small light that is dual 24 watt 6500k and it looks awesome! Now I found another light that says its dual 54 watt 6500k. Will the new light be brighter but still have the same color?

Yes, the 54 watt model will be brighter, but the same light color. the K (Kelvin) rating is an indication of the the color of the light.

What size tank is it? A dual 24W might be sufficient for your needs, given that you are not growing plants or coral.

Yes, the 54 watt model will be brighter, but the same light color. the K (Kelvin) rating is an indication of the the color of the light.

What size tank is it? A dual 24W might be sufficient for your needs, given that you are not growing plants or coral.

It's a hundred gallon. 60" long but I'm going to just get a 48" light due to budget. I think with the brightness of the bulb I should be fine. Also it won't be housing any plants or coral, but I think it could support plants if I change my mind in the future.

The lights you mentioned won't support much in the way of plants, but I agree it will sufficiently light the tank for display.

Here's the light posting as seen online

Attachments

• image-3293670585.jpg
    image-3293670585.jpg
    205 KB · Views: 50
  • image-1935201525.jpg
    image-1935201525.jpg
    185.8 KB · Views: 38
Back
Top Bottom