Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > General Aquarium Forums > General Hardware/Equipment Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 03-30-2018, 09:38 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Activist

Light tuning advice welcome

My 165 W LED’s are here! They are dimmable and wi-fi. I turned one on just to see and I think I may be blind in my left eye now! Does anyone know how I should adjust them so that my fish are not harmed? I do have a guide for “seasons” to follow if I need to, but I know people here are way better advisors than brochures....Suggestions anyone? It has white, blue, and Royal blue.

75 gal saltwater - planning to add an anemone, soft and hard corals over the next few months.

Old 03-30-2018, 10:40 PM   #2
Macro Addict

POTM Champion
Tank of the Month Award

the light is more for your coral really wont bother fish , that light is very powerful so it's best to start off with turning the blues on at the lowest setting give things time to adjust maybe a hour or so than turn on the whites lowest setting .

run them all day like that till lights out leave the lights set as they are just shut off the unit . next day turn on lights with the settings you shut off with leave them at that setting a hour or so than turn them up a little run them a few hours look at your corals than turn up a little more and run like that till lights out leaving your last setting ,

now this is basically the same thing all over but as you turn up a little watch your coral
do this till all your coral looks happy lps and softies you will never go over 1/2 way with the lighting power depending the coral they may want a hair more light ,

now if you have sps you may need to slowly raise lighting power slowly like you did at the start just be cautious not to raise to fast you can bleach coral with the lighting

I have seen a article in the archive let me see if I can find it and I post the link.

Old 03-31-2018, 09:58 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Activist

Thank you. I don’t have any corals yet, but should I still do this way for the fish? I look forward to the article.

Tags
advice, light

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com