Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

titoav15

Aquarium Advice Regular
Hi Everyone! I am new here. Just had a question on lighing. I just bought a dual Current USA PowerCompact Satellite from LFS. Do you think its a good one? If not can you recomend a good one? I just purchased it a week ago so I can still return it. http://www.marinedepot.com/lighting_powercompact_compact-fluorescent_current-usa_satellite_sunpaq_fixtures-ap.html
I am slowly getting into reef stuff. I have a 55g tank with 2 pretty percular clowns, a ritteri anemony, nice pennant butterfly fish and 2 retarded damsels. I would like to start adding some corals soon but want to be sure about lighting. I am looking to get a nice light in the $250-$350 price range.
Thanks for your help!
Alex

Welcome aboard Alex. I looked up in the fish database and could not find retarded damsels. Must be a new breed. LOL. As far as the lighting I would go with something with more intensity. I would think about T5HO lighting. More intensity which will be good in a deep tank like a 55 gallon tank.

I agree, if you are going to be getting into coral, then look at T5 lighing and some of the more light intense corals will need a lot of T5 or some metal hialide. I used to have a CF light fixture and when I upgraded to T5, it was night and day difference. I am now waiting on my T5/MH light combo to come. It arrives on Tuesday and I am expecting another boost...

If you budget is what it is, and you have to stay with the CF, then you will be limited on your corals but it is doable.

Back
Top Bottom