Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Desastre

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I got a new t5ho Hagen ballast with two 54w life glo bulbs to install I'n my canopy. My tank is 55g and the inside of the canopy is white I know not the best reflector but it worked with my last bulbs good enough. I'm wondering what range of plants I can grow with these new bulbs. I'm not looking to be to high tech but I would like to grow more then the regular average low light plants. I've done alot of reading but I tend to be dense so would like some help. Right now my plants re basic crypts java moss and fern and a bacopa and some water wisteria I dose with flourish excel for co2 and the flourish comprehensive fertilizer.

Desastre said:
So I got a new t5ho Hagen ballast with two 54w life glo bulbs to install I'n my canopy. My tank is 55g and the inside of the canopy is white I know not the best reflector but it worked with my last bulbs good enough. I'm wondering what range of plants I can grow with these new bulbs. I'm not looking to be to high tech but I would like to grow more then the regular average low light plants. I've done alot of reading but I tend to be dense so would like some help. Right now my plants re basic crypts java moss and fern and a bacopa and some water wisteria I dose with flourish excel for co2 and the flourish comprehensive fertilizer.

Even with the white reflectors you'll still be in the mid light plants arena IMO. Anacharis, anubias, onions are a few to look at and here's a link to plant info/needs that should help.

www.plantgeek.net

Back
Top Bottom