LIGHTING 20 gallon saltwater tank.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Diamonte

Aquarium Advice Activist
I'm starting a 20 gallon (tall) saltwater tank with some soft corals and low light corals. I light I have on it now wont be good for it so I have to get a new one. So I have a budget and I am not going past $60 on a new lighting system. Here are a few link to what I have been looking at, can you tell me if they are good enough for soft corals and low light corals in a 20 gallon tall?

T5 Quad 24" 6500K Aquarium Light Hood Freshwater Plant Discus LED Lighitng 96W | eBay

SolarMax 20" T5 Aquarium Tank Strip Light Fixture 120 | eBay

T5 Quad 20" Aquarium Light 72W Cichlid Marine Reef LED 4X 18W Lamps Nano | eBay

T5 Quad 30" Timer Aquarium Light Marine Coral Reef Cichlid LED Fan HO 96W 75 Cm | eBay

The first one you'd need to replace the bulbs on immediately and that would roughly double (probably a little more) the cost, the second one is junk, the third and 4th could work (the color would look terrible imho) and all the t5 units would need the bulbs replaced 2-3 times a year (which gets expensive). Your best bet would be to save up and get a quality led unit

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

Back
Top Bottom