Lighting

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishOwner77

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I need to light a moderately planted 20 gallon long. I am thinking about leds because my t8 isn't powerful enough. Links about appreciated.

Type of plants, and your desire for the use of nutrients and co2 will be buying factors. Along with budget.

Fluval Aquasky and Current Satellite LED+ are decent, moderately priced LEDs if you don't have demanding plants. I'm currently running the Aquasky 36-48in on my 40 breeder and using the Aquasky 24-36in from previous 29g as moon lighting for a few hours at night. I'm growing Wisteria, some sort of Temple plant from a PetSmart tube, Green Loydiella, Narrow Leaf Red Ludwigia, Ozelot sword, Crypocoryne Retrospiralis, and Java moss. The only additions I make are Flourish and Flourish Iron weekly after water change, and Flourish Excel every 2-3 days (or when I remember:nono:) at normal dosage.

So you think I should get the 24-36" one for a 20 gallon long? My plants are fairly basic. Tank dimensions 30 long by 12 by 12.

Fish...

Aquarium lighting is expensive and unnecessary if you keep to the less demanding plants like any of the species of Anubias, Java fern and the Swords. Florescent shop lighting is inexpensive and you can use a two, three or four bulb fixture. Florescent lighting burns very cool, so you can set the fixture on top of the tank using a bi fold canopy or hang the fixture above the tank.

B

Fish...

Aquarium lighting is expensive and unnecessary if you keep to the less demanding plants like any of the species of Anubias, Java fern and the Swords. Florescent shop lighting is inexpensive and you can use a two, three or four bulb fixture. Florescent lighting burns very cool, so you can set the fixture on top of the tank using a bi fold canopy or hang the fixture above the tank.

B

Quiet you....

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Back
Top Bottom