lighting... again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mfdrookie516

Aquarium Free - 2+ Years
:confused:i know this is posted more than anything else, but i just want some opinions about this light please... im going to have a planted aquarium, wanted to know if this would be alright for that... i may consider converting it to sw one day, but as of now, its just going to be planted... is this worth the $78 its going to cost me, including shipping?

Aquarium Lighting for Freshwater and Reef Systems: Nova Extreme Compact SLR T-5 Fixtures

its a 30g tank, but its the same width as a 29 (i know, wierd), and i was looking at the fw 30", its a total of 48 watts, would it be worth it to go the extra $3 and get the 36" fixture, the bulbs would probably only be about 30" anyways... the 36" is 78 watts...

well what are you wanting to do if you do do sw. no point in buying a fixture then switch and have to buy a new one. might want to look at the 4 bulb fixtures now if thats the way you will be going.

ok, wont be too bright for fw? if thats the case, ill just save up and get something better then. as of now, im going to have some plants, low light (dont ask me what, i have no clue), but i have 2 20w t8 lights for it, so i guess that'll do ok for now.

you dont have to run all the bulbs. i would do 2 at once but if you really want sw you prob better off buying now then having to replace later. again it depends on what you want to do in sw not everything needs high light.

Back
Top Bottom