Lighting for 12 gal

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

kaiofcanada

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I have a 12 gallon that I would like to get some decent lighting for without spending a ton of money. I came across an ad for this site in Aquarium Fish International Magazine for this site.

Odyssea Power Compact Lighting

Curious what people might have to say about the brand Odyssea for power compact fixtures and if anyone has had experience with this vendor before?

I plan to order a full daylight bulb separately as this model comes with a 50/50 marine bulb.

I have only heard people talk on here about staying away from that brand for their sw tanks....I dont have first hand experience though.

Just very poorly made/cheap fixtures IMO. The bulb sizes are not the same as the standard bulbs that fit the fixture size, so you have to order from the manufacturer. Not to mention, the tend to try to burn down your house.

Just very poorly made/cheap fixtures IMO. The bulb sizes are not the same as the standard bulbs that fit the fixture size, so you have to order from the manufacturer. Not to mention, the tend to try to burn down your house.

oh very good information. I guess the price is very competitive for a reason. I think I will continue to search for a 20" fixture then. I especially don't want to have to jump through hoops to get a new bulb. That is just a pain.

freshwater/brackish.....right now I have some low light plants in it, but I would like to be able to grow some other plants in the medium range.

I inherited the tank new but without a hood, so I am using a makeshift light setup with a glass shield. It is fine for now, but not permanent.

I have a Current USA on my 20g planted. I like it alot. It came highly recommended. Just got to find some good prices on a smaller fixture now :D....watch out google.

Back
Top Bottom