Lighting for my 60 G FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Bnortz

Aquarium Advice Regular
What kind of T5 lighting would be best for my 60 G FOWLR? I've looked into fixtures, retrokits, etc. I'm still unsure on what I want to have but defiantly wanna go T5 as I will eventually be adding corals. I just finished a DIY Canopy that would be suitable for mounting lights and a fixture. Give me some input.

Thanks,
Ben

yeah it's the 48 3/8 x 12 7/8 x 23 7/8. can't afford something that much. what would be good for something between $100-$200

Hello, I have a question about lighting too. This might help you Ben if what I was told was correct, but, I was told by my local fish store and I don't have much trust in them. I am new to this and am trying to learn all I can. I purchased a T5 HO 108 watt link light at my fish store for my FOWLR. They said when I am ready to upgrade I can just buy another fixture to link into that one. Like I said I am new and would love any input..Thanks Missy

Oh!! My question to Mr. X do you know what link light I would need or should I have not gone this way? Thanks Missy

i don't know the fixture. i think maybe he meant to purchase an identical second fixture and plug them into the same timer.

This fixure has two bulbs and a plug to add another fixture, to add more light it is called a link fixture. Have you heard of those? It cost me $180.00 and they said when I was ready to upgrade I could buy another fixture for about the same price and just plug it into this light fixture? I don't know I am totally new to this. Missy

If you are going to have corals eventually do nto cheap out now as you will have to buy new ones again. Spend the $400 for Tek lights and keep them for life.

that is including the bulbs, with legs about 500

well worth it

i see hydroponics fixtures daisy chained, but this is a first for aquarium lighting for me. if that's the case then yes, it seems ok. i'm just wondering about the daylights/actinics. can they be put on separate timers?

Yeah im eventually gonna have corals within a year or so. I don't want a fixture cause ill probably size up in tank sometime. Could I go with a ice cap ballast then buy the bulbs and end caps? I was thinking that would help me now and in the long run. And for now is it fine if i just use my CF light from a smaller tank if i have 60 lbs. of LR and im gonna get some clowns nxt weekend. (and yes in case you were wondering my water is cycled)

Back
Top Bottom