Lighting ideas

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Gza166

Aquarium Advice Freak
So I just ordered a light hanging frame because personally I don't like hanging it from the ceiling. I have a 40g 30lx23h what kind of light can I purchase in order to grow anything I want

if you got the money, you can get Radion/Kessil/or anyone of those ultra expensive light fixture. if you don't mind the name brand, you can always to to eBay and get one of those Taotronics LED from China. it's capable of growing anything you want.

Ya I saw the taotronics. How many would I need? 2 or is 1 ok

Ok. That grows pretty much anything? How how do you have it above the tank?

Yeah, Taos are great and budget friendly. Just make sure you get a Dimmable one, because the descriptions aren't always what they are. Look through the pictures and make sure there are dimmers on the unit. They are capable keeping anything you'd like.

Only thing i wish is that I can timer them. I'm out of my house by 530 so I don't know if it's ok to turn the lights on that early. Any siggestions

Ok. That grows pretty much anything? How how do you have it above the tank?

i have it hanging from the conduit, basically a metal pipe bent in L-shape and attach some hooks onto it. Google "LED hanging conduit" and you will get an idea of how i (and most people) hang ours.

I bought a hanging kit for aquariums for like 45. Do you have timers on yours? And have you had any problems on the light with the timers

$45. for a light hanger is insane
I used a hanging plant hanger $4.99 serves it's purpose and I have used 1 light over a 40b the same light is over my 90g now it covers everything but I want to add a second anyway
img_2895258_0_03120688e45e9351230fcb7efb1ba436.jpg

Ok. Maybe it was a certain type of model that the comments said bad with timer

The standard timers you see at home depot, walmart, and lowes will work fine. You will need 2 of them If you want to turn the blues and whites off and on at different times.

I use a controller for my 3 tao units on my 180g. :) BUT I am kinda lazy so i spent $80 for the hanging bars for my 60g cube. lol Expensive, yes, but immediate gratification. lol

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1396054134.762458.jpg that's what I used for my hanging kit since I didn't want to drill any holes in any walls. Thanks everyone for all the advice. Just purchased the tt-al16. We will see how it goes

Back
Top Bottom