Lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Vague

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a 40 breeder reef with a quad t-5 HO fixture my bulbs decided to go on the fritz one by one in about 3-4 days. I just ordered new bulbs.... My question is I'm down to one 10,000 k daylight bulb... Is that enough for my corals to survive till the new bulbs arrive? I have a few mushrooms a frogspawn frag acouple small leathers and a few other frags.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I think so I had noticed recently that they seemed a little dimmer and one or 2 of them were going gray on the ends, which seemed typical with fluorescent tube lights. So as they went out a day or 2 apart I figured it was the bulbs. I bought the fixture last year and haven't changed the bulbs yet. I've heard t-5's need changed every 6 months to a year.

Ok thanks for your help

Have you considered led's you won't have to buy bulbs for years and you'll have plenty of light

I have I'm kind of up in the air on it because of cost and the 100's of options of LEDs not sure how to tell which ones are good (haven't done research either)

Well I can tell you that many of the people on this forum are using the taotronic led's and there not all that expensive you probable could have got one unit for the price of the bulbs you just bought and you have to buy them again in six months

Back
Top Bottom