Lighting question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr.Maska

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
I am new here on this site good to meet all of you. I am a newbee at the hole aquarium saltwater reef buisness. I have a 55 gallon tank with 35 pound of live rock at the moment 22 pound of fiji rock and 13 pounds of el cheapo rock for base. I have 80 pounds of live sand at the moment am going to go with garfs grunge on top of that. I have a coralife single linear strip 50/50's and a 40 wat 10,000 kelvin high intensity purified super daylight lamp to. i have both of these running during the duration of the day. around 9 oclock i run only the 50/50 lamp then i turn off the 50/50 an hour later. I have no moonlight yet. I am in dismay about the hole led lack of knowledge bit. I need to know what is the best moonlight for me to get that will moonlight my hole tank. Anyway my question is, is it better for me to run the 50/50 lamp all night rather that total darkness for my fish and anemone and thing growing on the live rock. In the mornings my conylactis, Atlantis anemone is shrunk up but when i turn on the 50/50 it blossoms. what should i do about my lighting in general and on the question at hand. thanks everyone.

Your livestock need the dark period to sleep. The type of LED you get don't matter. A blue led is a blue led. You don't want so many that it lights up your entire tank, again the idea is to have a good night time period not 12 hours of intense blue light.

ok thanks on the info on moonlight . i dont have it yet so should is it better to leave to 50/50 on all night , or total darkness untill i get the moonlight.Cause i hear total darkness stress fish and other animals out. I just want a happy tank untill moonlighting is available. and the 50/50 coralite is130 wat and my other lamp is 40.

Back
Top Bottom