Lighting Situation

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jjwilley718

Aquarium Advice Regular
So I got my 75 gallon tank. I have this awkward brace on top of my tank. I was wanting some opinions about what I should do. I was going to get a 4 or 6 bulb 75 fixture, but I'm thinking that it might cause a shadow in the tank. I was also thinking about maybe getting 2 radions or 2 kessils. Thoughts??

Attachments

• Tank pic.jpg
    Tank pic.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 72
The LED fixtures would work very well since you have center bracing. You could obviously mount each pod over each hole.

However, with florescent lighting, I don't think you would see much of a shadow. Light diffuses rather quickly as it hits the water, so it wouldn't be that noticeable. However you might have problems growing anything high light directly under the brace.

The radions are really nice - but also pricey. There are cheaper solutions out there that will give you the same results. A lot of folks have been having great luck with the taotronics led fixtures on ebay... at about 20% of the cost of the radions.

Best of luck!

Back
Top Bottom