Lighting suggestions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwhit13

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hope i am not posting too much on these forums. If I am please tell me. My Aquarium is a 55 gallon. I will prob have it lightly planted but not overly so. Really want it to be an eye catcher. What type of lights would you guys suggest to really make it pop? Also if having NO plants would mean a better ligthing system Id be willing to go that way to.

What's your budget?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

well I don't want to go super crazy but I'd be willing to spend $200-$400 I would think. Unless something is just crazy better in wich case id be open to spending whatever.

Best would be a bml with a dimmer. They'll build it to your exact needs and wants.. than if you want to go full planted later the power is there.. something cheaper would be a finnex planted plus or ray2..they are still quality leds, just not as powerful and versatile as bml

Yeah. those look like something that can really be set up to enhance everything. Struggling a little with the degree angle though. Not really sure how to go about that.

You need not fret my friend.. the beauty of this product Is not only does it totally kick butt..you call them up and tell them exactly what you want the light for and they make it nice nice for you.. in other words you don't need to to know anything but the phone number!

lol, now THAT is the kind of thing I can handle lol. I really appreciate the tip. I'm so new at this and have made so many mistakes so far. Now i am determined not only to obviously get my water and stock perfect but after being this far invested both financially and emotionally now I am dang sure going to make this thing the eye catcher of the house :D

If you haven't purchased the BML yet (which is still a mighty fine option), I'd also look at the new Ecoxotic E-Series. It's capable of high output with ability to dim baked in. The inline ramp timer / controller allows you to have an automatic sunrise/sunset and turn to moonlight during the non-daylight times. I just got one and I'm really enjoying it so far.

If you haven't purchased the BML yet (which is still a mighty fine option), I'd also look at the new Ecoxotic E-Series. It's capable of high output with ability to dim baked in. The inline ramp timer / controller allows you to have an automatic sunrise/sunset and turn to moonlight during the non-daylight times. I just got one and I'm really enjoying it so far.

Oh man.. how could I forget! Got bml pretty programmed, I'll work on that;)

Is this the only light that has this?

Oh man.. how could I forget! Got bml pretty programmed, I'll work on that;)

Don't forget to join the Sat+ Club, Brook! ;)
So many light haha

What's this difference between the Ray2 and the fudgeray planted+?

Is this the only light that has this?

So many light haha

What's this difference between the Ray2 and the fudgeray planted+?

Planted plus has reds and blues with a moonlight function. Ray 2 is more.powerful while.lacking the reds and blues..

Back
Top Bottom