Lighting timer

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DaveM

Aquarium Advice Activist
Going to be running a dual metal halide plus atinics and lunar lights. What should I use as a timer? Thinking about the coralife timer

go to home depot/lowes and pick up a timer there. about half price of the one you are considering.

Make sure you get the heavy duty model lighting timer. It will have a three prong outlet so you know it is grounded.

I hate to say bad things, but I have had five of those corallife timers. Most of them have gone bad. Those were the mechanical ones though. Even the new design. I have three going right now. One is not so good. The lose time or they stop entirely. They are a great idea though. Id payy.more for a digital one.

Yeah I was real hesitant to spend 50 bucks on the coralife one. So I should go with separate timers. That should help with amp loads as well huh?

im not sure but i just use and old christmas light one, it doesnt always turn on itself but i get up when its supposed to turn on so i can help it out :)

I have the Marineland aquarium timers. Check on ebay, I got my timers there, about $5 each, they are designed for powerstrips so they don't "hog" more than one outlet! At regular pet stores they are over $10!

I found a near twin of the Coralife timer for <$20 at Ace Hardware. It says "Not for aquarium use" on it, but it works quite nicely.

You can get a deal on leftover Christmas light timers. I picked up an outdoor 2-outlet 3-prong timer from Menards for $6 last weekend.

Back
Top Bottom