Lightning question...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

seranko

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Guys, what kind of corals and inhabitants this set-up can handle in a standard 75 Gallon tank ???

- 2 55W 2-in-1 (10000K/03) Powercompact
- 2 55W 10000K Daylight Powercompact
- 1 150W MH 10000K in the middle of the tank

Thanks,

Seranko

I've got 4x65s in a 75g. I've got a Deresa clam doing well for 10 months. Got plenty of 'shroom and feather dusters. My hammer and frogspawn corals seem to doing well. Xenia is off the charts. Leathers too. Top and bottom of the tank.

No experience with MHs, but I'd wonder about placement of certain corals higher in the tank.

Anyway, sounds like you've got almost 5 watts per gallon and could handle any of those i have, and better/more light needy corals. Let us know what you decide.

I like Eric Borneman's Coral book. That might help you choose based on feeding, water flow, lighting, and other requirements for certain corals. Good luck.

You should be able to keep a wide variety of corals. Any mushrooms, polyps, zoanthuds, leathers, LPS, and even some select SPS corals. I have the same set up as Austinsdad and keep a very large range of corals under CF lighting. I even have some SPS and a maxima clam, all doing well for months. I second the reccomendation on the Borneman book. It is a great resource for reefers.

Back
Top Bottom