Lights

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Guy554

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I bought some adjustable LED lights for my aquarium. The only thing these lights don't have is a programmer so I plan on using digital timers. My question is how long your light should be on? When they turn on do you start with blues then have the whites turn on with blues and then have blue turn off. The white only on during the day and closer to sundown time have blue back on and whites shut off a little while later and only blue on then turn off l. If that makes any sense. Looks for advice on how to program my lights? No corals yet or fish just want to make sure I have everything working properly before I stick coral in there. Any advice will be appreciated. Thanks

I rum my LEDs for @ 13 hrs from first on to last off, my blues come on an hour before my whites then I run both all day and then the whites shut off on hour before the blues, one thing to keep in mind is that the whites are mostly for our benefit it's the blues that really promote photosynthesis within the corals

Thank you that helps with my understanding.

Back
Top Bottom